It’s Back! The $100 Room Challenge!
I am back at the $100 Room Challenge this month along with a bunch of other great bloggers to transform one room, in one month for $100 dollars. Erin at Lemons, Lavender and Laundry created this challenge and I am so glad to be participating once again. The first room we updated for under $100 was our master bedroom. You can read all about it HERE.
If you would like more information on the challenge and to see a few of the rooms Erin transformed, $100 Room Challenge – Lemons, Lavender and Laundry has all the details.
Let me tell you, this month already has gone sideways on us and we had to make a last minute switch from transforming the front hall to our daughters bedroom. We currently have not one, but TWO viruses going through our house and we plan to be away for a week in July for an RV trip so I needed to switch to something I could take on the road.
So let’s take a tour of our daughters room as it is today.
This is from the hallway looking in. The room gets the most light in the evening so it was a little hard to get a good picture in the morning.
This view is from the end of the bed towards the closet. The toy box used to be my husbands which is grandfather refinished for him. It will be perfect for a dress-up chest, but in another room.
From the closet looking towards the bed. The wall decals were from her baby days when I was too big and too tired waiting on her to decorate her room like I had wanted to.
This is the view from the closet to the other side of the room.
What I like:
Paint colour and furniture are all keepers. The furniture is all new and the paint combo I think it aging well for a 5 year old girl. That is going to stay.
The wall colours are Behr Popcorn Ball for the upper colour and Behr Gentle Rain for the lower wall colour.
What I would like see change:
- I would like to add some shelf storage for some of her more special keep sakes.
- I would like more book and toy storage. Especially something that makes her books more viable to encourage more reading as we move into the summer months and lose that structured reading schedule.
- Recover some extra throw pillows and make a comfy reading spot.
- More mature artwork.
- Flowy coordinated window treatment with sheers. Right now we just have the blackout shade up and it would be nice to have some privacy from the neighbours but still have the light come in.
- Small gallery wall of printable art and her favourite art projects.
- Purge the junk. Toys missing pieces, ripped up art projects, outgrown clothing all have to go.
What I already have:
Throw pillows (purchased 2 years ago)
Shelving (purchased 2 years ago)
2 large wall art prints (purchased 6 months ago)
New bedding set (gifted about 1 year ago)
Make sure to check out the links below and see how my blogger friends are changing a room in their home for only $100 dollars!
Like it? Pin it!